Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Flash Locks Up When Using the Supplemental Reprogramming Tool (SRT)
- ST22 Sebring/Stratus Coupe 3.0L V6 SOHC
- If the PCM flash process is locking up, make sure that the SRT cabling is connected properly and the cables are not damaged.
If the lockup can be duplicated after this, review the following recommendation:
- Connect SRT to vehicle and to TechCONNECT.
- Utilize the serial port on the back of the TechCONNECT client.
- To eliminate potential cabling issues, do no use the old Co-Pilot/BEA switch box.
- Leave the ignition key in the OFF position and do not press any buttons on the SRT.
- Initiate a TechTOOLs session and use the YME application.
- Choose correct software part number from the list.
- Once selected, make sure the SRT field at the bottom of the flash screen is highlighted.
- Click Download/Update button on TechTOOLs.
- Allow the download to SRT to complete.
- Turn the ignition key to the ON position and press the Enter button on SRT to complete download from tool to PCM.
Star Online Case Reference: K95908827