Using DRB III to Flash PCM on 2004-2005 CS 3.5L and user is presented with a “Boot Strap” error.
- 2004-2005 CS 3.5L Automatic Transmission
- Verify the DRBIII is at the latest release using TechTOOLS.
- Verify the CH7000 red-ended cable is being used and is in good condition.
- Verify that DRB III connections are clean and not damaged.
- Verify the vehicle Data Link Connector (DLC) is not damaged and no pins are pushed out.
- Check vehicle battery condition.
- Repair any damaged wiring before flashing any ECU.
- Verify all accessories are off while flashing controller.
If there is still an issue with flashing the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) after checking the issues above, perform the following:
ABS/CAB Module Disconnect
- Disconnect the BCM module on the vehicle and retry the PCM flash.
- If there is still an issue, disconnect the ABS module, leaving the ABS disconnected as well.
DRB III Cold Boot
- Press the "Yes" and "More" buttons at the same time, then when prompted press the "F4" button to continue.
- After the cold boot has been performed, the flash file will have to be downloaded again from TechTOOLS.
Reseat DRB III PEP Module
- The PEP module in on the back side of the DRB III and is opposite the DRB III screen.
- To reseat, pull the DRB III out of the protective cover and turn it over, then slide the PEP module towards the top (connector) side to remove.
- Repeat this several times to reseat the connectors.